- When does MTB Kerala 2012 takes place?
- November 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 2012.
- Where is the event?
- This MTB Kerala takes place in the state of Kerala in India
- What is the entry fee?
- There is no entry fee as it's the first International Mountain Cycling Competition being held in Kerala. The event is only open to male participants and the national participant's who wishes to take part should submit a concern letter from CFI (Cycling Federation of India).
- What are the different categories?
- There are three categories for this race
- International Cross Country
- National Cross Country
- International Four Cross
The Cross country events will take place on the circuit tracks of Thenmala on 2nd and 3rd November and Four Cross on 4th November at Kovalam.
- Is the race open to only professionals?
- It is open to both professional & amateur riders.
- Is the race a team event or an individual event?
- It is open to both individual riders and teams. But the event is only
open to male participants.
- How does one register for the race?
- Online registration is available in the website. Those who wish to participate have to register the details on the Registration form available in the site. Online registration will starts from 1st September, 2012.
- When is my registration confirmed?
- A confirmation mail will be send to you via email.
- Is a doctor,s check up necessary?
- Yes, it is mandatory for all to produce a medical certificate from a registered doctor, certifying that you are fit to ride in MTB Kerala.
- What about insurance?
- Where we deem that you do have your own insurance, the organizers get everyone involved with the race (riders, officials, marshals, support staff etc) insured for the duration of the race. This is directly done by the insurance company. The insurance covers you for any injury sustained during the race as specified in the policy document to be made available to you at the time of the race.
- Do I get some nutrition along the stages?
- There are Nutrition Points at equivalent distances during the race day.
- Is there any transportation available?
- Free pick up has been arranged for the participants from Thiruvananthapuram International Airport and Kollam and Trivandrum Central Railway stations.
- Is there any food and accommodation?
- Yes, food and accommodation is available for the participants.
- Is there any prize for winners?
- MTB Kerala has prize money of INR 5, 00,000 each and is awarded to winners in respective categories.
- Who organises MTB Kerala?
- MTB Kerala is organised by Government of Kerala and Department of Tourism.
- I need to know more. What do I do?
- MTB Kerala
TC 16/128, EVRA -232,
Thiruvananthapuram - 695014
Tel: + 91 471 2329770
Fax: + 91 471 2337037